American Rescue Plan - ARP
AN ORDINANCE CREATING A NEW FUND FOR THE RECEIPT OF FUNDING FROM THE AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN AS ADOPTED BY CONGRESS IN 2021
WHEREAS, on March 11, 2021 the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) was enacted; and
WHEREAS, the ARP provides $350 billion in emergency funding to state and local governments and the Town of Odon will be a recipient of that funding; and
WHEREAS, the Indiana State Board of Accounts has provided guidance to funding recipients;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY ORDAINED by the Town Council of the Town of Odon, Indiana that:
- Fund established.
There is hereby established a fund to be known as the ARP Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund.
- Sources of funding.
The source of funding includes monies allocated to the Town from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and distributed to the Town in 2021 and 2022.
- Uses of funding.
(A) The Town shall only appropriate and use the funds to cover costs incurred by the Town by December 31, 2024 for the following:
- To respond to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to households, small businesses, and nonprofits, or aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality;
- To respond to workers performing essential work during the COVID-19 public health emergency by providing premium pay to eligible workers of the City that are performing such essential work, or by providing grants to eligible employers that have eligible workers who perform essential work;
- For the provision of government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue of the City due to the COVID-19 public health emergency relative to revenues collected in the most recent full fiscal year of the Town prior to the emergency that being 2019; or
- To make necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
(B) The Town Council shall adopt a plan which provides details for the use of funds.
This ordinance may be amended from time to time if additional guidance is received from any federal or state agency.
- The ARP Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund shall exist until terminated by ordinance of the Town Council. Moneys from this Fund may not be transferred to another fund of the Town.
- Effective date.
This ordinance shall take effect upon passage by the Town Council.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Town Council of the Town of Odon, Indiana, on the day of _____ 2021 by the vote of ayes and nays.
Susie Roach, Council President
BJ Sanders, Council Vice President
Doug Benjamin, Council Member
Mandy Wilz, Clerk-Treasurer